Friday, July 10, 2009

Beware! Writing Is Addictive



If your history was anything like mine, writing was simply one of those unmentionable facts of life. I wrote because it was part of my job. Reading and writing were part of my education, one that I'm thankful for. However, it was only the reading that actually gave me any pleasure.
But then one cloudy December morning, after the thermometer strongly suggested I stay nestled close to my keyboard, I discovered the wonder of telling a story with the ends of my fingertips. Staccato clicks and runs rattled the entire day. For the first time I ignored the 'backspace.' It was just me, my computer, and a massive mug of coffee. By the end of the day I was addicted. That addiction has led me to the doorstep of a Virtual Book Tour.
The writing of Distant Thunder, began that cold, dreary morning of December 2, 2007. Two months later I had a manuscript. Three months after that, Distant Thunder had a publisher. Miraculous? Absolutely! Since that fateful start, my addiction has swelled into three books and a completely separate series proposal. If I weren't so completely enthralled with my life controlling issue (addiction) I would be calling the nearest chapter of AWA....Addicted Writers Anonymous. Thankfully, there are no chapters in the lower forty-eight states. Write ON oh captured one!
Jimmy Root Jr

, , , , ,
, , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send Me Your Comment